Join the Team!
“Crisis Nursery gives us a chance to be proactive and to try to prevent child abuse before it happens…That's why we're very passionate about it. If you prevent one kid from being abused, the running is worth it.”
–Adam Dill, former Board Member, on running the 2012 Illinois Marathon to raise money for Crisis Nursery
Are you participating in the 2018 Illinois Marathon on April 27 and 28th? Whether you're running the 5K, 10K, an I-Challenge, half, or full marathon, consider joining our Miles for Smiles Team and give new purpose to your training by raising money for Crisis Nursery! In addition to completing your race goal, you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing that you are helping children and families in our community who have nowhere else to turn.
Crisis Nursery creates an "Island of Safety" dedicated to the prevention of child abuse and neglect by providing 24-hour emergency care for children and support to strengthen families in crisis. We depend on generous businesses and individuals like you to ensure our doors stay open 24-hours a day, 365 days a year. The money you raise will go towards our Safe Children
and Strong Families
When at full capacity, it costs $1,800 a day to keep the Nursery open. Our yearly goal for Miles for Smiles is to raise $15,000- enough to support more than a week at the Nursery!
We encourage you to set an individual goal that you feel is appropriate and comfortable for you. Consider setting your sights high and sponsoring A Day at the Nursery
by raising $1,800!
Are you ready?
1) Contact Special Events and Marketing Coordinator, Renae Kirkton at firstname.lastname@example.org or 217-337-2731 to sign-up for Miles for Smiles.
2) Visit our Crisis Nursery Crowdrise Fundraising Page to start your own fundraising page. Click “Fundraise for this Campaign" on the right side of the screen to get started and follow the easy steps. You will be asked to register with Crowdrise and can then customize your fundraising page—personalize it by uploading a picture, adding details about your race, and sharing why you decided to run for Crisis Nursery.
3) Invite family, friends, and colleagues to support your training and fundraising efforts. Some unique fundraising ideas include: keep a training log/blog online and ask followers to donate $.50/$1/$5 for each mile run…consider asking for donations in lieu of a birthday or anniversary gift… many workplaces will sponsor you or match donations… ask all of your Facebook friends to donate a small amount… the options are limitless!
4) Train for and run your race!
5) Feel great about finishing your race, and all the smiles you've helped bring to a child’s face!